If you are looking to buy a home, it’s a good idea to have some questions prepared for your consultation. Here are some common questions to ask your agent as a buyer. I have also provided my answers, as I put this into my buyer consultation packet.
What is Your Best Marketing Plan or Strategy for My Needs?
As a buyer, you will need to know:
- How will you search for my new home?
- How many homes will I likely see before I find a home I want to buy?
- I will set up a search on our multiple listing service that alerts me instantly when a new home (within your specific criteria) hits the market.
- I will also reach out to the Boulder Brokers Network & the whole community of Realtors to let them know what you are specifically are looking for.
- This really depends on the inventory. It could take 3 houses or 30. In my opinion, in the next couple of months we will see a lot more homes on the market.
- Will I be competing against other buyers?
- This is a Seller’s market & our days to offer have been much lower in the past 2 years. I would advise to be prepared to make an offer as soon as possible~which is something we talk first about. Being prepared, organized and knowledgable is the key!
- How do you handle multiple offers?
- If we do encounter a multiple offer situation, my plan is to write a clause into the offer which states that you will pay a certain amount over the best offered price (with a maximum of whatever it is you are comfortable with). The goal is to make the contract as clean as possible and appealing to the seller. Before I present it to the listing agent, I will personally call and also write a cover letter to make it much more personal.
- Do you present offers yourself?
- Yes, I present them to the listing agent. Throughout the transaction you will be working directly with me
Why should I hire you over your competition?
- I’m honest & caring
- My experience and knowledge of the market is valuable
- Excellent negotiator
- Readily available by phone, e-mail, text, in person
- Clear & consistent communication
- Quick to return calls or emails
- Successful in getting results
- A logical voice when emotions run wild
Tell Me About Mandatory Agency Disclosure (Buyer/ Seller agency agreement)
According to Colorado state law, it’s mandatory that a licensed real estate agent present the Agency Disclosure Form to you at your first meeting to discuss a property. This form is basic protection for any consumer looking to sell or buy property.
How Often Will I Hear From You?
As an agent I pride myself on strong communication, organiztion and meeting deadlines. With full support of my office and my strong skill set, you will be informed of each and every detail throughout the process. I will contact you via with phone calls, texts and emails. Although I do not have a ‘team’ behind me, I do have the full support of my office. I am always available to answer any questions or concerns you have and keep you updated on prospective buyers. With housing inventory levels so low, there is increased competition for homes, so I will be on top of all offers made on the home.
How Many Homes Have You Sold?
I have sold over 10 homes in my 3 active years of selling real estate. I anticipate that to double this coming year.
Can I get references for your last five deals?
Please see Testimonial page in packet.
May I Review Documents Beforehand That I Will Be Asked to Sign?
Absolutely. I will sit down and review with you each document throughout the transaction.
Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors?
Yes, I am a Realtor