Flood Relief and FEMA Information

FEMA Assistance

FEMA said residents and business owners who sustained losses in the designated counties can begin applying for assistance on Monday by registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov  or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA(3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. MST seven days a week until further notice.

You will need the following information to complete the registration:

Social Security Number

You will be asked to provide your social security number; if you do not have a social security number, your household may still be eligible to receive assistance if there is a minor child in the household who is a U.S. Citizen, Non-Citizen National, or Qualified Alien with a social security number.

(NOTE: If you, your co-applicant or a minor child in the household are a U.S. Citizen, Non-Citizen National, or a Qualified Alien and do not have a social security number, FEMA will not be able to complete a registration. The Social Security number is required for Identity Verification purposes.)

If you are registering for a business, enter the social security number of the responsible party for the business, the social security number will be used for an identifier only.

If you are in need of further explanation/information call FEMA Helpline at (1-800-621-3362).


Insurance information

You will be asked to identify the type(s) of insurance coverage you have.


Financial information

You will be asked to enter your family’s gross total household income at the time of the disaster.


Contact information

Along with the address and phone number where the damages occurred, you will be asked for information on how FEMA can contact you. It is very important that you provide FEMA with your current mailing address and phone numbers where you can be contacted.

Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Direct Deposit Information (optional)

If you are determined to be eligible for assistance and would prefer that funds be transferred to your account, you will be asked for your banking information, which includes; the institution name, type of account, routing and account number.

Please have pen and paper available to record information during the registration process.

Repairing Your Flooded Home

This link goes to booklet from the American Red Cross on repairing your home after a flood.



From Boulder Office of Emergency Management:

“Monetary donations are the most helpful and provide the most flexibility for use.  We currently do not have the capability to accept tangible food or item donations, though you can sign up in a log at www.HELPCOLORADONOW.com and we will reach out to you when we do have the capability.”

You can also make donations to the Red Cross  http://www.redcross.org/co/denver

Other Important Links

Please check these sites for evacuation updates, water quality and restriction updates, road closures and general emergency information

Boulder Office of Emergency Management

Longmont Office of Emergency Management


Larimer County Emergency Management


Road Closure Map


If You Are Currently Under Contract or Selling Your Home

Please contact your Realtor and Lender immediatly. The Lender may require an additional inspection of the home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s